Monday, June 16, 2014

revival of the lost soul

Oh how times have has changed. How I have changed.  For better or worse? I don't know. But what I do know is that I need to start living. Living with a purpose. And that starts here.

Time changes you. You grow older. You become wiser. Your heart has gone through more of the good and bad of this life that it makes you stronger. Unbreakable at times. Yet fragile at the rarest. The happiness and pain you endure turns you into someone you never knew you could be. Someone you didn't think you were. At the end of the day, you are still you. Your experiences make you who you are today. Reading all my old posts made me realise how much I have changed and how much a part of me has stayed the same. Which is why I decided to make a few changes on this blog. Delete a few old unnecessary posts. Revamp the layout because change is always good. Whether you like it or not, we are constantly defining ourselves through change. Well, me atleast. 

All my life, I've always felt like I've never really belonged anywhere. Sure, I've made a few friends, some good ones, stuck to different groups but I don't remember feeling at home, anywhere. Maybe Makkah, in sha Allah. I've always been a lone ranger and you know what, I prefer to be that way. When it's just you and Allah (swt). Of course, I'm still trying to find myself. Understand who I am and who I want to be. I guess, this is where the blog comes in. 

For anyone who knows me well, I'm better at expressing myself through words than speech. I can write you a long essay on how I feel about you but if you were to ask me to tell you, I'd stumble. So this is my medium to start making a difference in my life. In your life. To better understand all that is in it and what it takes to be here, from a young Muslim's perspective. My journey from here to the hereafter, in sha Allah. Let's hope I keep regularly updating this blog from now. It is sadaqah jaariah after all. 


1 comment:

  1. Indeed it's a sadaqa jariyya.
    I deeply thank you for this post that reminded me of myself.
    waiting for your next post insha Allah

    ReplyDelete