Saturday, October 8, 2011

Forgive me for abandoning you.

Surprise, I'm back! I've missed you dear blog and bloggers. I'm terribly, awfully sorry for going on hiatus without any notice. I can't believe it's been 10 months! 10 months! Unbelievable. Time goes by so fast it scares me. Therefore, please forgive me for my shortcomings, for I am in need of your mercy and His mercy. 

You see, as soon as The Man entered my life, he became my whole world. He became my mornings, afternoons and nights. He became my best friend. He became my guardian. He became my shoulder to cry on. He became my life partner. My boss. My ATM (hehe). My punching bag. My Spiderman (spider-catcher?). My guinea pig. And everything else a husband would be. Oh yes, I'm married by the way. Alhamdulilah. It's been almost 8 months now...so you see why I've been away for so long! Now I understand why so many newlyweds "disappear" for a while after they get married. I'm ashamed to say that I became one of them. *sigh* Anyway, alhamdulilah we can all only improve on how we are today, not yesterday. 

So much has happened since January here's a short recap: 

  • [Jan] Went on a month long holiday to Malaysia. Last holiday as a "single" lady and travelled around with my parents. Stopped by Sabah, Borneo for a couple of days and the first ever Survivor Island, Pulau Tiga. Spent time with relatives, filled tummy and luggage with goodies and much much more.
  • [Feb] Hosted Shahirah for two days and took her around Melbourne. Oh how I miss you Sha. 
  • My nikah. 27.02.2011. An intimate garden ceremony with family and close friends. Details and pictures soon, insha'Allah.
  • [March] Planning for my waleemah. "Lovebirds" period - mind in cloud nine. I think it's still there...
  • [April] Our waleemah. It was combined with my niece's aqeeqah. Basically it was a huge feast. 
  • Went on a mini honeymoon trip to Mount Dandenong and stayed 3 nights at The Japanese Slipper.
  • Moved into our new unit. 
  • [May - June] Settling in and getting used to a new routine. Housewife duties included chores, cooking, sweeping, moping, cleaning, attending to husband's needs and all that goes with it (hardly did housework before marriage so it was tough, especially the cooking! My whole day was spent researching what to cook, learning the ingredients and how to cook.)
  • [July] Turned twenty-one!
  • [August - September] Ramadhan + Eid. Hope you all had a blessed month and Eid celebration. 
  • [Oct] Back to blogging. Because 1. I miss it. 2. I miss the people. 3. It boosts my emaan. 4. I miss writing. 5. I need some time for myself away from The Man. It's about time. Don't you think?
JazakAllahu khayran to those who wrote their concern while I was away. Bi'ithnillahi ta'ala I will try my best to keep up with my blog and the emails.

Now I feel like giving you all a big, warm hug!

7 comments:

  1. Oh how ive missedddd youuuuu!! Mabroook on getting marrieddd!! May Allah bless your marriage foreverrr! Xoxo!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its greaaaattt to have you back, I cant believe you're married now.. that's so wow :) Takecare, have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muslimah93: eeeeeeeeeeee how I've missed you too! Hope all's been great up there!! :D Ameeen sis

    Raindrops: hehe I couldnt believe it for the first few months too. Alhamdulilah its good to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww I'm so happy to hear this wonderful news!!! May Allah bless your marriage with His many blessings and many years ahead!!! Ameen <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wowwwww Assalamu'alaykum you're back subhanAllah <33 we've missed you ;) I second you on how blogging can help boost one's imaan. I feel it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wa alaykum assalam Rara,

    I feel so welcome by ur comment alhamdulilah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. salams sis!! Remember me? Well I also got married masha'allah and Im expecting my first baby in 4 weeks insha'allah. Its good that your finally back.

    Hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete