Tuesday, January 4, 2011

sincerely from me to you.

Congratulations to 

Sister Sara

and 

Sister Shahirah!

You both have won the Ayat-a-Day Calendar. Alhamdulilah!
InshaAllah I will be contacting you shortly.
May Allah (swt) allow you to ponder and act upon the verses each day.

It was difficult to choose the two winners. Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I wish I could give every Muslim in the world the calendar as a gift. It's so beautiful. I recommend you buy one for yourself as it will serve to remind you of why we are here in this dunya in the first place. Anyway, here's how I came to the decision I made.  

1. Two people posted my favourite Ayat. Unfortunately, I had to choose one of them. So I chose the person who commented first and that is Sara.

Surah Al-Bararah - verse 286

Allâh burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maulâ (Patron, Supporter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people." (286)

I've recently experienced this and realised that Allah (swt) truly does not burden us more than what we can bear. When He puts us through hardships, it's because He knows that we can get through them. InshaAllah we deal with them with patience and hope for our reward to come one day. May Allah (swt) make our hardships easy for us and bring us closer to Him. Oh Allah, you make things easy if it by your will. And you make the difficult easy if it by your will.

2. I couldn't stop thinking for days about what Shahirah posted. This is what she wrote:


There are many hadiths that I love but I found this one about 3 weeks ago and it touched me and made me think about the life of this world and how meaningless it is compared to the life of the Hereafter.


The rewards one will get in Jannah is far better than all the luxury in this dunya, so much so that he or she will forget about all their struggles and hardship on Earth. SubhanAllah.


There is always a reason to say "Alhamdulillah" for as long as we are Muslims and possess iman.


"On the Day of Resurrection a person from the people of the Fire, who had been living the most comfortable and luxurious life in the world, will be brought, and dipped once in the Fire. The he will be asked: O son of Adam! Do you recall seeing any good, a moment of comfort or luxury? He will reply: No by Allah, O my Rabb!


And a person from the people of Paradise, who had been living the most distressful life, will be brought (and) dipped once in Paradise. Then he will be asked: Have you experienced any misfortune? Has any distress come your way? To which he will reply: No by Allah, O my Rabb! No misfortune has ever come my way and I have never experienced any distress."


SubhanAllah we complain so much about our hardships being so difficult in this life but on the Day of Judgement, we don't even think anything of it. That really got me thinking.

Congratulations to the both of you.
And JazakAllahu Khairun to everyone who participated.
I only wish I had enough to give you all. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so happy! Thank you! I really didn't expect to win anything. I just wanted to share a special hadeeth with you.

    I'm glad it had the same effect on you as it did on me. It really resonated with me and made me a more grateful person. Alhamdulillah.

    InshaAllah everyone has gained something precious from this giveaway =) JazakAllah khair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MashAllah! Congratulations to Shahirah and Sara! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations sister Sara and Shahirah!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalaam Alaikum sis,

    JazakAllah khair for this beautiful gift!

    May Allah (SWT) increase the reward you earn for this kind act, Ameen. =)

    I know you've been through recent difficulties, as you indicated in your last post, so I can't thank you enough for your generosity! ♥

    I loved all the ayaat, ahadith, quotes that everyone shared as well. They were all really inspiring to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice blog!
    fro ur sis in islam
    http://www.sysprints.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam alaikum sister,
    I am awarding your blog with Stylish Blogger Award.
    If you are not too busy,please visit my blog for more details.
    http://rialive.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/stylish-blogger-award/
    Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done sara and sha, the calender looks and sounds amazing =D

    i was wondering where you'd disappeared to, so i i wondered about over to your profile to find you'd changed your url and i had no idea =( so ive just caught up on your posts and wanted say a big congratulations on your decision to get married!!! so very happy for you sis, may Allah always keep you happy <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Assalamualaikum sis, great giveaway!! May I know where I can purchase this calendar? Would be great for daily reminders :)) Miss your blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you ever going to come back? I think we've all been missing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bismillah. Kunjungi/visit http://transblogfauzan-indonesia.blogspot.com AND CLICK THE HOME. SEMOGA BERMANFAAT. SILAHKAN DISAMPAIKAN KEPADA KELUARGA DAN TEMAN-TEMAN/PLEASE TELL YOUR FAMILY, AND FRIENDS

    ReplyDelete