Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Dua List.

I apologise for the lack of posts. I have been terribly busy lately. The past few weeks have gone by like lightning.

I have missed you, really. I miss your sweet comforting words. Your encouraging words. Your support. Your loyalty. Your honesty. Your sincere advices. Your unique personality. Your excitement. You.


So inshaAllah next month I will be having a give-away. Why? Because it will be Eid in September...and also it will mark my one year on Blogger. And also because I'm nice like that. I find joy in giving. Let me tell you of all the years I have spent blogging (started on Diaryland then Livejournal and now Blogger), this blog has had the most impact on my life. I feel like I have come a long way since I started last year. Yes, it has been an emotional ride....but it's made me who I am today. Sorrow, heartbreak, anger, frustration, love, mercy, happiness...are all a part of life. And this is my life. This is me.

 I haven't exactly decided what, when, how many or to whom. But I know I want to do something special for you. Could be something bought. Or something made. It's a surprise. Keep a look-out.

Since it's Ramadan, I have decided to make a list of things to ask Allah (swt) so that I know what to make say when I break fast. And also so I don't forget. If there are anything you think I need to include on this list,  please feel free to leave a comment. ;)

My Dua List
Forgiveness for my major and minor sins.
Increase/strengthen my memory and faith
Bring me closer to Him and to the Ummah.
Bring the Ummah in unity.
Grant me a place in Jannah.
Protection from the Hellfire.
Protection from Shaytan and Shirik.
Guide my friends and family. Show them the straight path.
Personal Duas for family.
Grant me good in this life and in the hereafter.
Forgive our Brothers and Sisters in Islam and accept their Duas.
Grant me a righteous/loving Husband who will be good for my life, my religion, my hereafter.
Make it easy for me to do Dunya tasks like Uni/work so that I can spend my time worshipping You.
Bless all the things that I choose to do in Your path and make it a success.
Grant me trustworthy/righteous female companions.
Preserve our Sheikhs/Imams in Islam.
Answer the Duas of those oppressed and grant them the best in Jannah.
Protect me from all evil.
Protect my ears, eyes, nose and hands from evil.
Give me light, front, back, side, light.
Provide for me light in the Grave.
Allow me to die as a Muslim with La ilaha ilallah on my tongue just before my life is taken.
Bless those all around me, Bless all the Muslims I've spoken to in my life, Bless them with goodness.
Give me good health, prolong my health so that I can spend the years worshipping you, so that I can pray before you. But give me death, if death is good for me.
Grant me patience and wisdom when making Da'wah.
Forgive us for all our shortcomings and insufficiencies in our good deeds..
Accept our prayers and disregard our mistakes and wrongdoings.

...there's just so many things we need from Allah. The Dua list never ends.
Don't stop making Dua.

Ramadan Mubarak!

12 comments:

  1. whatever blessings that you will sent down to me, give it also to my mother, my mother, my mother, my father, my family and those who are with me.

    give strengths to my friends who are new in this jihad, bless them with steadfastness as you had bless me with it (alhamdulillah)

    make all our blogs useful to the muslim ummah and to the non-muslims too

    save us from fitna of the heart, fitna with the opposite sex, fitna in our grave and save us from fitna of dajjal

    ameen :)

    ramadhan mubarak

    ReplyDelete
  2. shukran for sharing that good list of dua's.May Allah swt acccept it for you and for all of us.A'meen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam, Ramadan Mubarak sis! Jazak Allah Khairan for sharing those Duas and may Allah reward u for ur good deeds and accept ur fast and prayers. Ameen. and do have a visit to my blog when u have time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalaam Alaikum sis,

    What a lovely idea! I think I'll create my own du'a list as well, just so I don't forget anything, Insha'Allah.

    JazakAllah for sharing yours and the idea. May Allah (SWT) grant all of your beautiful prayers, Ameen. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mashallah what a comprehensive list. And you keep in mind the Ummah as well. :)

    Inshallah they'll be accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May all your duas come true, inshaAllah.

    Oh and yayyy giveaway! Eid is like Xmas but for Muslims lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Masha'Allah thats such a great idea and amazing dua list. Insha'Allah I hope all your dua's are listened to and answered. Instead I actually wrote 10 goals for myself during Ramadhan which insha'Allah I hope to achieve and make the most out of!
    Take care sister, hope to chat soon!
    Zara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my blog is now

    thatsssjusthowiroll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. may all your prayers come true

    but one request,plzzzzz
    u all muslimah do special dua for pakistani muslims...as these are the days like Exam given from Allah.
    MAY GOD BLESS PAKISTAN,

    http://pakistanflood2010.blogspot.com
    "Donate for the Flood Victims" A Single PennY Can Save a Life and give a new dream to start a new Life..
    cotact me plz,
    identity786@gmail.com
    regards,

    ReplyDelete
  10. May Allah accept your duas and ours. Ameen

    ReplyDelete
  11. SHUKAN YA HABIBI, Thanks to all muslimah to keep remember us (pakistaniis) in your dua.and send us your help.

    MAY ALLAH GIVE YOU AJR FOR YOUR ACT OF KINDNESS:

    . Please please give even a single penny if you can, there are millions of the people here who are sitting in open air helpless..

    Humanity needs you..Please help us!
    Donate
    donate
    donate....
    ..every day is a delay.... share your food, money, clothing,Tents.. and love. The people of Pakistan are in dire need ...

    ALSO TELL YOUR FRIENDS, BELOVED, FATHER, UNCLES, HUSBAND, BROTHER SONS...
    to take part in this act of kindness...every day is a delay

    a/c # 000 1 1 6 0 3 3 2
    UBL PAKISTAN

    ALSO by:
    WESTERN UNION
    DOLLAR EAST

    further contact at:
    0092 3340590 3347

    ReplyDelete