Thursday, June 17, 2010

Labbaik Allah humma labbaik - Here I am O Lord!

Yes, I is back.

Finished all my assignments for the Semester, alhamdulilah. I'll have approximately 6 weeks holidays. Yahoo! But I plan to make the most of every single day inshaAllah. I want to keep myself busy so that I can look back and think "Wow, I have done a lot over the holidays! Time well spent". Right now as you can see, I'm in the process of re-doing my layout. Yes, I know. The comment section is gone. But not forever inshaAllah. I will try and fix that up when I have time. In the meantime you can say hello on my 'oh, hello' page. For some reason, the layouts I wanted to use didnt seem to work on blogger. And I also accidentally clicked 'revert to classic template' and have been so frustrated ever since because I can't seem to REVERT BACK.

I need some help.
How do I go back to the 'design' template? At the moment, blogger only allows me to do things via html - and I suck at html-ing. As you can tell.
PS: I know, I know...how are you going to help if you can't even comment? So here's what you can do...either leave a note on my comment page, or email me at f.izmanng@gmail.com. JazakAllah Khair. ;)


===================================

This is what's on my mind right now.

Labbaik Allah humma labbaik
Labbaik la sharika laka labbaik
Innal hamda
Wan-ni'mata
Laka walmulk
Laa sharika lah.

O my Lord, here I am at Your service, here I am.
There is no partner with You,
here I am.
Truly the praise
and the provisions are Yours,
and so is the dominion and sovereignty.

There is no partner with You.

SubhanAllah ... it says it all.

I''ve always loved hearing "Labbaik Allah humma labbaik" but never knew the meaning. Have you ever heard something that you could not understand but you know it's heavy with meaning, and the more you say it, the more it touches your heart? (Obviously, I'm not talking about the Quran here). But that's how I've always felt with "Labbaik Allah humma labbaik". I didn't even know that this is recited during Hajj until today. I didn't even know what it meant until today. Oh, how I lack knowledge. Oh, how we lack knowledge.

Just look at the meaning. Look at how powerful it is. Look and ponder over it. Think about why exactly we are here in this dunya.

O my Lord, here I am at Your service.

Are we really at His service?

If we were to meet Allah today, tomorrow,
would we be pleased with ourselves?
would He be pleased with us?

When I saw this video, I couldn't help but think about the sole purpose of our lives.



It's not to get a degree. a double degree. a phD. a Masters. two Masters.
Not to get a the latest ipad and iphone.
Not about owning a fancy car or a house.
Not about buying that really gorgeous handbag you saw that the mall today.
I'm not saying we can't do these things.
Sure, we can.

But do not make it the reason you wake up in the morning.
Do things because you love your Creator.
Do it for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.
And you'll eventually realise that you don't actually need those things.

& also...when I read the comments for the video,
one person said:
"this is a glimps of the day of judgement"

It gave me goosebumps.

So my dear Sisters in Islam,
do not forget why we are here.
Shaytan is constantly bugging us with worldly possessions and desires
that it slips our minds.
A'oozubillah.

This is a reminder for me first.
I hope I've sent the message across.
InshaAllah.


8 comments:

  1. May Allah bless you for this post, continue to increase your imaan, knowledge and give you success in spreading more awareness about Islam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May Allah bless you for this post, continue to increase your imaan, knowledge and give you success in spreading more awareness about Islam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tonight discovered your site, dear lover of God. The thoughts and the feelings you express are refreshing and beautiful. I wish my fellow Christians could meet Muslims like you. They would learn that there are Muslims with a beautiful spirit and a heart to serve God and give up their prejudiced opinions of all Muslims as not loving God as much as Christians do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alhamdulillah. You wrote this post 6 years ago, and I stumbled upon it this evening looking for the meaning of Labbaik. I was praying it and realised that I didn't know the meaning. It is so powerful, so consuming. Like you said, this encompasses it all. This world is nothing and God is everything.
    JazakAllah for this post. Ramadhaan Mubarak

    ReplyDelete
  5. السلام عليكم
    I have a question brothers and sisters. Can we say " Labbaik Allah humma labbaik Labbaik la sharika laka labbaik
    Innal hamda Wan-ni'mata Laka walmulk Laa sharika lah " during dhul hajj even when we are not performing hajj. Like is it compulsory for repeating it during Dhul Hajj.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JazakAllah Qhair Brother

    ReplyDelete
  7. The World is nothing and Allah is Everything.

    ReplyDelete