Saturday, May 8, 2010

A few reminders to keep on going.

I think all of us constantly need to be reminded of doing good deeds, and not let the Shaytan get the better of us!

So here are some of the things I think about before acting upon it (inshaAllah I hope it will benefit you too).

I try to...

(During solat) remind myself that the Prophet (Saw) never ever missed his fard and sunnat prayers, and always prayed for hours and hours at night until his feet would swell. He prayed with such humbleness and tranquillity, thus, we should strive to pray as he did and not rush through our prayers or be distracted whilst praying. How fast do you read your Surahs in Solat?

Every fard solat is equivalent to 10 solats, it is as though you are praying 50 times a day. SubhanAllah. So don't ever miss a prayer.

(When making wudhu') remind myself that our Prophet (Saw) never used to waste water when he did his ablution. How high do you turn the tap when you're making wudhu'?

(good intentions) have the right intention and do things for the sake of Allah. Ask yourself this before undertaking a task, will Allah be pleased with what I'm about to do?

(when speaking) remember that there are always two angels next to me recording every word I say, so I have to try not to say any foul words. Would you want these beautiful Angels to write down s*** or f***? So instead, make zikrullah, praise Allah with phrases he loves like subhanAllah, Alhamdulilah, Allahu Akbar...and SubhanAllahi wabihamdi etc. But if you do accidentally say something bad, dont hesitate in repenting. One Angel records all the good things you say, and the other records the bad. However, the one who records the bad won't do so unless he is told by the one who writes good. So if you dont make istighfar and repent for what you've said, it will surely be written down. Also, with every bad word you use, it is like swearing upon your own Mother!

(say Bismillah) when doing anything. Whenever you say Bismillah, it makes the Shaytan/Jinn weaker. Don't forget to say Bismillah when entering your house, entering the bathroom, eating, drinking etc. in EVERYTHING you do (I'm still training myself to do so). I read this story yesterday that if a person never says bismillah, the qareen/jin will eat and drink with him and enter his home all the time.

mmm that's all I can get out of my head for now. InshaAllah Ill post more later.
I actually have a few things due next week - what am I doing online?!?

Yalla, take care.

ps: feel free to add more!

11 comments:

  1. Jazakillah khair for the reminders!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shukran for these reminders, although i knew this stuff we always need to be reminded, i really need to work on controlling my anger, and praying on time. Inshallah khair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazakillah for sharing the awesome tips and advices! =) A good friend of mines has some nice tips for salaat here: http://thestrangersdiary.blogspot.com/2010/02/some-tips-for-salah.html Also, when reading quran you can try reading each letter with correct pronunciation and with tajweed. When speaking, you can try remembering that even uttering a good word is charity. As the hadith says: "It is also charity to utter a good word."
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim] When having evil thoughts or unwanted thoughts, you can try distracting yourself with zikr, reading or listening to the Quran, and/or reading hadiths or a good deeny book. There's a beautiful quote that says: "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny." That's a few for now, i got to go! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh jzk sisters & Muslimah93!!!
    There's a few I dont know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asalamu aliakum,
    GREAT reminders! Jazaki Allah for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asalamu Alaikum
    Mashallah beautiful advice.
    For wudhu I think of this :
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله ,واشهد ان محمدا عبده ورسوله
    [Ashadu alla ilaha, illallahu washadu anna muhammad(an) abduhu wara suluh(u)]
    Whoever Performs wudhu & then says this dua, 8 gates of heaven would open for him, that he may enter from whichever he would please.
    [Muslim, Abu Dawud]

    For Intentions: "Verily, Allah Ta'ala has ordered that the good and the bad deeds be written down. Then he explained it clearly how (to write): He who intends to do a good deed but he does not do it, then Allah records it for him as a full good deed, but if he carries out his intention, then Allah the exalted, writes it down for him as from ten to seven hundred folds, and even more. But if he intends to do an evil act and has not done it, then Allah writes it down with him as a full good deed, but if he intends it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
    For Anger: The powerful is not he who knocks down others; undoubtedly, the powerful is the one who controls himself in a fit of anger. (Bukhari)
    When I feel ill: Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience. [Al Bukhari and Muslim]
    When I feel hopeless: 'O son of Adam, I forgive you as long as you pray to Me and hope for My forgiveness, whatever sins you have committed. O son of Adam, I do not care if your sins reach the height of the heaven, then you ask for my forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you come to Me with an earth load of sins, and meet Me associating nothing to Me, I would match it with an earth load of forgiveness.'[At-Tirmidhi]
    Thats All I have for now. Ma'asalama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good reminders, sis. MashaAllah.

    Btw, I just found out last week about the existence of 'qareen'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Blog..and thanks for the reminders sister..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MashaAllah thanks to all of you too & for the reminders!

    Shahira: Actually, what exactly does the 'qareen' do? Im not too sure, all I know is that it is just another jinn...yes?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm not absolutely sure but from what I've read everybody has qareen which resembles them. Its job is to 'persuade' us to do bad deeds. Kind of the like the little devil vs. little angel on people's shoulders that is commonly portrayed on tv!

    “The Arabic word Qareen has two meanings. It may mean a friend or a companion, as stated in the following verse: “A speaker of them saith: Lo! I had a comrade.” (As-Saffat: 51) i.e. (I had an unbelieving friend who was trying to lead me astray during my life).

    "The other meaning of the word Qareen is the demon permanently assigned to each person during his/her life whose job is to seduce human beings. Allah Almighty says: “His comrade saith: Our Lord! I did not cause him to rebel, but he was (himself) far gone in error.” (Qaf: 27) i.e. the devil assigned to seduce him will say: “My lord! It was not me who seduced him at the beginning, but it was he himself who preferred blindness to guidance. So, I helped him achieve his goal through seduction.”"

    http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546050

    ReplyDelete
  11. Subhanallah.. thank you very much for the reminders... I will try to train my self doing these good deeds :)

    Wassalam

    ReplyDelete